LAW OFFICE OF JESSICA TRAVIS, P.A.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT ATTORNEY
If you have been arrested or have charges filed against you by the government, you have constitutional rights that are guaranteed to you. Choosing the best legal representation is a vital step in ensuring your rights are upheld to the upmost justice in the legal system. I am Jessica Travis, a criminal defense attorney in the Central Florida area. Being a former Florida state prosecutor at the Orlando State Attorney’s office, I acquired vast knowledge of the criminal justice system and gained valuable trial experience that I now use to defend those in need.
CRIMINAL TRIAL SPECIALIST
I am currently Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Criminal Trial Law. Under the Florida Bar, lawyers who hold a Board Certification in this law are identified as Specialist or Experts in the field of Criminal Trial Law.
With a Board Certification in Criminal Law, the Florida Bar recognizes the knowledge, specialty, and expertise that a Board Certified attorney has in the area of Criminal Trial Law.
EXPERIENCED AND EFFECTIVE FORMER PROSECUTOR, DEDICATED TO CRIMINAL DEFENSE
I am a fighter who understands how attorneys on both sides of a criminal case think and work. Having practiced extensively in both criminal defense and prosecution, I understand how criminal cases are tried and the legal tactics both sides use.
After graduating from Stetson University in 2004, I attended Barry University School of Law in Orlando, Florida. While earning my license to practice law, I was an active member of the mock trial team, where I learned valuable skills in trial advocacy.
After graduating from Barry University School of Law and passing the Florida Bar, I worked for the Office of the State Attorney of Florida as assistant state attorney. While there, I prosecuted cases in the 9th Judicial Circuit of Florida, ranging from second-degree misdemeanors to first-degree felonies. I handled more than 30 jury trials and numerous adversarial hearings. I have also concluded thousands of prosecutions during my legal career.
I later joined an Orlando law firm as an associate managing its criminal defense division. I have worked solely to defend clients against criminal charges and probation violations. Fighting for my clients and their rights is immensely satisfying to me, and it is what I do best. Retain my services, and you will receive one-on-one attention from beginning to end of your legal journey.
In my spare time I enjoy traveling, reading and playing with my two dogs JP and Pepper.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Violation of Probation
- Drug crimes, including possession, dealing, trafficking and production
- DUI/DWI and driver’s license suspensions
- Firearms violations
- Aggravated assault and battery, including domestic violence
- Injunctions for protection
- White collar crimes, including embezzlement, money laundering and other financial crimes
- Search and seizure cases involving drugs, guns or other contraband
- Traffic violations, including speeding tickets and reckless driving
- Juvenile delinquency, including underage drinking, underage DWI and other violations
- Thefts and robberies, including auto theft and armed robbery
- Expungements, meaning removal of arrests and convictions from a criminal record
- Divorce, child custody and child support
CERTIFIED LEGAL SPECIALTIES
- Criminal Trial Law, Florida Bar
Barry University School of Law, Orlando, Florida
- Major: Psychology
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Orange County Bar Association
- Florida Bar
- 2017-2018 | Chair, Criminal Certification Committee
- 2016-2017 | Vice Chair, Criminal Certification Committee
- 2014-2016 | Member, Criminal Certification Committee
- Orange County Bar Association
- 2017-Present | Member, Executive Council
- 2015-2017 | Co-Chair, Law Week Committee
- 2013-2016 | Chair, Criminal Committee
- Orange County Bar Foundation
- 2018-2019 | Vice President
- 2017-Present | Member, Board of Directors
- Barry University
- 2007-Present | Coach, Trial Team
- Know the Ground You’re Standing On: Analyzing Stand Your Ground and Self-Defense in Florida’s Legal System, Barry University Law Review, Vol.20, No.1.
- Case Closed: Issues After Disposition – Violation of Probation and Early Termination of Probation; Orange County Bar Association
- Testing Tips for the Criminal Trial and Criminal Appellate Certification Examination; Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Innovative Idea to Re-Imagineer Law Day in Your Bar Association; Florida Bar Voluntary Bar Leaders Conference